Getting A VNO License In India: The Ultimate Guide
VNO license is a telecom service provider with a license to provide telecom services solely for transit over the facilities of another service provider. In India, VNO licensing is regulated by the Department of Telecom, who grants these licenses based on guidelines set by the Central Government of India.
What is a VNO?
A Virtual Network Operator (VNO) is a type of telecommunications company that provides voice and data services over a secure, private network. VNOs typically lease space on a carrier’s network and then resell it to their customers. In some cases, VNOs may also own and operate their own networks.
VNOs are similar to Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs), in that they both provide service without owning the underlying infrastructure. However, there are some key differences between the two. For one, VNOs focus on providing businesses with secure, private networks, while MVNOs cater to individual consumers. Additionally, VNOs typically have more control over the quality of their service since they own and operate their own networks.
The Indian telecom market is one of the most competitive in the world, with nearly 1.3 billion subscribers as of 2017. In order to get a slice of this pie, companies need to have a presence in India. And for many foreign companies, the best way to do this is by setting up a VNO.
Not only does this allow them to tap into India’s huge market potential, and provide internet for rural areas in India, but it also gives them the flexibility to tailor their services specifically for the Indian market. Setting up a VNO in India can be a complex process, however, so it’s important to know all the ins and outs before getting started.
This guide will give you an overview of everything you need to know
How To Get A VNO License In India?
In India, a VNO license is granted by the Department of Telecom (DoT). The process of getting a VNO license in India is as follows:
1. Submit an application to the DoT along with the required documents.
2. After the application is received, it will be forwarded to the concerned authority for scrutiny.
3. If the application is found to be in order, a provisional registration certificate (PRC) will be issued.
4. The applicant then needs to obtain a surety bond and furnish it to the DoT.
5. Once the surety bond is furnished, the applicant will be issued a formal license.
Process To Apply And Get Approved
The process of getting a VNO license in India is not as difficult as it may seem. There are a few simple steps that need to be followed in order to get your application approved.
1) Firstly, you will need to submit an application form to the concerned authorities. Along with the form, you will also need to submit supporting documents like your company’s incorporation certificate and ISP business plan in India.
2) Once your application is received, it will be reviewed by the authorities. If they have any queries, they will get in touch with you.
3) After your application is cleared, you will be asked to pay the license fee. Once the fee is paid, your license will be processed and issued.
4) You will then need to obtain a Certificate of Registration from the Registrar of Companies. This certificate needs to be renewed every year.
5) Finally, you will need to comply with all the rules and regulations set by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
With the right information and preparation, getting a VNO license in India can be a relatively simple process. We hope that this guide has provided you with all of the information you need to get started on your application. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to us and we’ll be happy to help. Good luck!
Need an ISP consultant to help you with your ISP License Application? Click here
ALSO, YOU CAN READ OUR NEW UPDATES
- How to become a WISP in India? Starting a Wireless / Wired Internet Service Provider business
- How to start an ISP business in India with less than ₹ 500,000?
- 10 Steps To Start Your Own ISP Business In India
- 8 Steps: How to start an ISP business in India?
- When to start an ISP business in India? Opportunities & Hurdles
- Time to become an ISP! Even after Jio, 60% of India still offline.