We understand that there is quite some confusion among ISPs regarding which license should they opt for.
An ISP can carry out their ISP business as per their ISP business plan in India using either of the 2 licenses, but to ensure which license exactly suits you, refer to the table below to understand the major differences between VNO license and ISP license –
Issued for a duration of 10 years.
|Issued for a duration of 20 years.|
|The license terms can be reviewed in every 4 years by DoT.||Once issued, the license will be valid for 20 years no matter the changes in DoT policies.|
|Lesser bank guarantees to be submitted.||More bank guarantees are to be submitted.|
|You cannot provide ISP franchise to local service providers||You can provide ISP franchise in India to other operators in your area of jurisdiction.|
|Lesser Hardware implications.||More hardware implications.|
Need an ISP consultant to help you with your ISP License Application? Click here
ALSO, YOU CAN READ OUR NEW UPDATES
- How to become a WISP in India? Starting a Wireless / Wired Internet Service Provider business
- How to start an ISP business in India with less than ₹ 500,000?
- 10 Steps To Start Your Own ISP Business In India
- 8 Steps: How to start an ISP business in India?
- When to start an ISP business in India? Opportunities & Hurdles
- Time to become an ISP! Even after Jio, 60% of India still offline.