In India, a Unified License is issued only to an Indian company, registered under the Companies’ Act, 1956.
No individual / sole proprietorship / partnership concern is eligible to obtain an ISP authorization. Licenses are issued ONLY to a registered company.
If you don’t have a registered company, click here to know how to register a company in India.
Once you have registered your company, you can now move on to know the type of license you need. Click here to know the categories of ISP license.
While planning to obtain a license, you should check the capital required to obtain a particular ISP license as per your ISP business plan in India. The total capital required to obtain any class ISP license is mentioned below in the table. You may choose a category depending on the amount of capital you want to invest.
Table for total capital required for obtaining an ISP License in India to set up your ISP franchise in India:
|Service||Minimum Equity||Minimum Net worth||Entry Fee (Rs.)||Performance BG (Rs.)||Financial BG (Rs.)||Application Processing Fee (Rs.)||Total Capital Required (Rs.)|
|ISP “A” (National Area)||Nil||Nil||30 Lakh||40 lakh||2 Lakh||50 Thousand||72,50,000|
|ISP “B” (Telecom circle/Metro Area)||Nil||Nil||2 Lakh||2 Lakh||20 Thousand||15 Thousand||
|ISP “C” (SSA)||Nil||Nil||20 Thousand||10 Thousand||2 Thousand||10 Thousand||42,000|
Need an ISP consultant to help you with your ISP License Application? Click here
ALSO, YOU CAN READ OUR NEW UPDATES
- How to become a WISP in India? Starting a Wireless / Wired Internet Service Provider business
- How to start an ISP business in India with less than ₹ 500,000?
- 10 Steps To Start Your Own ISP Business In India
- 8 Steps: How to start an ISP business in India?
- When to start an ISP business in India? Opportunities & Hurdles
- Time to become an ISP! Even after Jio, 60% of India still offline.